Friday, June 28, 2013

Kyle Petty: Danica "Not A Racecar Driver"

After Danica was listed 91st on the Forbes' Celebrity 100 list (the only NASCAR driver), NASCAR on TNT analyst Kyle Petty took her to task, saying she was not a racecar driver:
“I’ve said it from the very beginning; she’s just a marketing machine...She can go fast, and I’ve seen her go fast. She drives the wheels off it when she goes fast. She’s not a racecar driver. There’s a difference. ‘The King’ [Richard Petty] always had that stupid saying, but it’s true, ‘Lots of drivers can drive fast, but very few drivers can race.’ ... I think she’s come a long way, but she’s still not a racecar driver. And I don’t think she’s ever going to be a race car driver. Because I think it’s too late to learn.’’ 
Danica's average finish so far in her rookie year is 25th.
Read more at Motor Racing Network Online.

No comments:

Post a Comment